This it the time of year people tend to stall out/give up in their efforts to be healthy and fit. Don’t let it happen to you! Let this year be the one time you don’t have to make that same old Resolution…you can head into 2015 with great habits and a healthy mindset. Here are 10 quick tips for making it happen.
1. Exercise – do it. Seriously. Now more than ever.
2. Eat small meals with protein throughout the day. Don’t skip breakfast on holidays.
3. Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you slip up, don’t figure you might as well just go crazy and eat everything in sight. Course correct and do better at the next opportunity (meal, workout, etc.)
4. Sleep and Relax – do it. Seriously. Now more than ever.
5. Wear fitted clothing and carry props. You tend to eat less when you don’t have an expandable waistband and when you have something occupying your hands.
This seems a bit extreme.
6. Water – drink it. Half your body weight in ounces every day.
7. Visualize yourself how you want to look and feel in January or at an event you have scheduled early next year.
8. Be the host and/or bring healthy dishes when you’re a guest. Give food based gifts away. Bake less – no one NEEDS you to make 17 different kinds of cookies.
9. Plan ahead – schedule workouts in advance. Keep convenient snack foods on hand and bring them with you when you’re travelling. If you’ll be out of town, scout out healthy restaurants and active things to do. You can even bring Beachbody workouts with you and do them on your laptop!
10. Prioritize – sometimes putting your health first means saying, “no” to invitations. Choose your splurge at each event and enjoy every bite, but make sure everything else you eat/drink will help you reach your goals.
Be accountable. Don’t just write it down after you eat it, but find someone who will give you tough love and commit to faxing them a picture of everything BEFORE you eat it and getting their “permission” to consume it. Get a workout buddy, too.
If you need help with accountability, that’s what I do as a Beachbody coach. Please reach out if I can be of service.
Which one of these tips will you incorprate this Holiday Season? Comment below and share with a friend!
Click Here to Subscribe to My Newsletter!